Please note new dates for WACREN 2017 in Abidjan: 30-31 March 2017
WACREN is organizing its 3rd Annual Conference on 30-31 March 2017 in Abidjan, hosted by RITER, the NREN of Côte d’Ivoire.
The main theme of the conference is: "Catalyzing Quality Higher Education and Research", with the following sub-themes:
- Advanced networks, applications and services (SDN, Cloud services, NOCaaS, …)
- Trust, Identity and Security
- NRENs and communities: Business models, Communities of Practice, Use cases and Collaboration
This is a call for papers for the conference. Interested authors are invited to submit abstracts (500-600 words) on the main theme or sub-themes, as well as on related subjects.
The authors are expected to address, among others, the following issues:
- What roles do NRENs play in catalysing quality improvements in education and research?
- How can trusted digital identities and frameworks help to secure and simplify access to content and services?
- What impact do communities of practice have on the development of applications and services in the REN?
- Which use cases and collaborations are available to highlight the possibilities and challenges involved in improving research and education quality?
The schedule (deadlines) is as follows:
- Submission of abstracts: 13 January 2017
- Notification of acceptance: 25 January 2017
- Submission of full papers and presentations: 17 March 2017
All documents will be submitted online through the conference website - https://indico.wacren.net/event/46/
For authors of selected papers who are not able to get full or partial sponsorship from their organizations to attend the conference, support may be provided for travel or accommodation, subject to availability of resources (for maximum one author per paper).
If you have any question, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your active participation.
The WACREN 2017 Programme Committee